Tuesday, 13 January 2009

Tag You're It - Stripey


I'm really pleased with this tag. My first day doing any real craft since I came down with a horrible virus ten days ago. I was inspired by the current issue of Craft Stamper magazine which is a recycling special. The ideas really intrigued me and I just happened to have some cardboard waiting to go to the recycling centre so I decided to recycle it myself! The 'ribs' of the cardboard make excellent stripes, and I added some colour to them with Distress Inks and a gold ink pad. I cut the butterflies on the Cuttlebug using more card and coloured them with Distress Inks. I stamped a Paper Artsy stamp on both and embossed in gold. Then I stamped a Paper Bag quote on another piece of cardboard, embossed the edges in gold and added them to the tag. A piece of hairy string completes the look!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

wonderful tag - hope you have recovered after your virus..
thanks for joining us this week!

Dawn

Sarah said...

A fabulous tag! Great to be able to recycle as well.

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful tag for the challenge and I hope you are feeling better now......thank you for joining us this week at TYI
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Glad that you're better and what a lovely tag - must try the idea with the corrugated cardboard ....